Tuesday 9 April 2013

FORGET ABOUT THE SIZE TAG


A client was horrified when, on a recent shopping trip, I suggested she try on a garment that was labelled size 14. Okay this lady is usually a size 10 but as I pointed out to her it’s not the size that counts; it’s the fit. It fitted her beautifully and she has since contacted me to say she has never had it off her back. Job done.

Manufacturers use different sizing criteria and the fabric and cut of a garment may mean you need to go up or down a size.  I have clothes in my wardrobe ranging from a size 0 (USA) to 42 (Italy) as well as 10 (UK) even though I am generally a size 6. 

Use your 'typical' size as a guideline by all means but don’t discount an item because it says something different than you are used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment